Lifetime Fair & Reasonable
The best warranty in the industry
Some manufacturers offer you just 90 days warranty cover, making a big deal of giving you extended warranty cover that doesn’t even last a full season. At Best we offer the longest and fairest warranty in the industry with a Lifetime guarantee that everything we make will be free from material and manufacture defects for as long as it is owned by the original purchaser. What could be fairer or more reasonable than that? Simply register your new gear online today to be covered, forever.
To register your new kite immediately for our Lifetime Fair and Reasonable Warranty please click here
The thinking behind our Lifetime Fair and Reasonable warranty is simple: If you take care of your gear you deserve to be taken care of as well. Under our lifetime warranty we will cover all of our products, and warrant them to be free from manufacturing defect. This covers: kites, bars, twintips, surfboards and Best hard-good accessories used with these products. This warranty does not include canopy tears, damage caused by surf, damage caused using non-Best products, or damage caused using the product for anything other than its intended purpose.
Surfboards: Best makes every effort to produce hand shaped surfboards that are of the highest quality and standards. Numerous quality control checks are in place at our facilities to ensure our surfboards are well constructed and free of defects. Due to the high impact nature of surfing with a kite, we cannot warranty the durability of any board. Furthermore, we do not guarantee our products against damage or breakage under any circumstance. Once you have received the board, the handling and use of it are outside our control. Thus, we cannot warranty our products for any reason, including but not limited to: breaking of fins or the fin boxes, chipped cracking or warping of board resins, buckling of the board and/or the boards foam, and sun damage from heat and UV rays. Regular wear and tear (i.e. heel dings) should be expected and is not covered by any warranty.
Please note that all of our boards are shaped completely by hand and we cannot warranty or credit for any type of cosmetic issue(s). A cosmetic issue is considered anything that does not affect the structural integrity or performance of the surfboard, which includes, but is not limited to, the finish on the board, variations in color or in dimensions. If you have an issue with the board you received, you must send photos to us via email click here within 3 business days of delivery/pickup of your board.
|What is covered||What is not|
|Stitching of canopy and leading edge||Canopy tears|
|Bars||Damage caused by crashing the kite|
|Twintip hardware/lamination||Twintip breakage from landings/sliders|
|Surfboard breakage through transport||Surfboard breakage under any circumstances|
|Bladder issues on new kite||Sun/UV degradation|
|Damage caused in shipping||Normal wear/tear|
Best Kiteboarding warrants all products sold by Best to be free of defects in material or workmanship defects for as long as it is owned by the original purchaser unless otherwise specified on the product. A “lifetime” warranty means the lifetime of the original owner. If a product is found to be defective by Best , in its sole discretion, Best 's only responsibility shall be limited to repair or replacement of the defective product. Best will not be responsible for any costs, losses or damages incurred as a result of loss or use of product. This warranty is subject to the following limitations in addition to any imposed by virtue of applicable law.
- The warranty applies only to Best products purchased from Authorized Best Dealer or www.bestkiteboarding.com and is valid for the original purchaser only.
- All warranty claims must begin at the original point of purchase. Products returned to Best for warranty inspection must receive prior return authorization which can be given over the phone. Ship products freight/Fedex/UPS prepaid and insured. Best assumes no responsibility for products during shipment from the customer to our Warranty Department. Shipping charges are not refundable.
- Excluded from coverage under this warranty are the following:
- Damage caused by misuse, abuse or neglect.
- Damage caused by improper mounting or adjustment of hardware.
- Damage caused from crashes/slams.
- Normal wear and tear.
- Damage caused by anything other than defects in material or workmanship.
- Damage caused by use of solvents, adhesives or LOC-TITE®.
- Damage caused by use of non-Best hardware for mounting pads/straps.
- Damage to Best products caused by non-Best products.
- Any and all claims for consequential or incidental damages.
- All coverage under this warranty is void if any modification, change or alteration has been made to the product that is not specifically authorized in writing by Best .
- Repaired or replaced products are covered for the remainder of the original warranty only.
- Repaired or replaced items will be subject to available parts. We will do our best to match colors and styles but we cannot guarantee that you will receive the exact product back.
- Best product is not covered by any verbal warranties. Canopy/Dacron damage from misuse and any other impact related damage is not covered under this warranty. All warranties implied by state law, including the implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose, are hereby limited to the duration of the written warranty. Some states do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, so the above limitation may not apply to you. With the exception of any warranties implied by state law as hereby limited, the foregoing express limited warranty is exclusive and in lieu of all other warranties, guarantees, agreements and similar obligations of manufacturer or seller.
The warranty only applies to products bought directly from us or from an Authorized Best dealer. Secondhand purchases, or ebay purchases (and the like) are not covered under warranty, even if the products were listed as “new” or appear to be sold via a shop through ebay.
This Fair and Reasonable Warranty gives you specific legal rights. You may also have other rights that may vary from state to state or jurisdiction. If you have any questions about our limited warranty or would like to schedule a return, simply contact our Customer Service by phone at:
US: toll-free: 1-866-700-2378, 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM (EST)
US: regular line: 252-489-2959, 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM (EST)
EU: 00-800-1234-BEST, 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM (CET)