Welcome to kitesurf paradise kite & sup school and shop. A dream spot, all levels lessons, great downwinders, stand up paddle trips and wavesurfing… we have so much to propose to you!
Mauritius forms part of the Mascarene Archipelago, 3000 km East to Africa. Independent since 1968 Mauritius offers a rich mix of cultures: Creole, Hindu, Muslim, Chinese… Mauritius is an ideal destination for kiters as well as non kiters with lots to do and pleasant temperatures all year long: 22°C in average in austral winter, 31°C in austral summer. The windy season is during the austral winter from April to November.
Kitesurf Paradise kite & sup school and shop
Located in Belle Mare – Palmar, on the windward coast (East Coast) of Mauritius, the spot of Kitesurf Paradise Kiteschool is the most welcoming of the island. Here the steady South East trade winds from 15 to 25 knots have the best orientation for kitesurfing: side on shore. The white sandy beach is the easiest kiteable beach of the island. The reef barrier on which the waves are breaking is protecting the turquoise lagoon from the Indian Ocean swell.
The most daring riders will play with these waves. Beginners and freestylers will appreciate flatwater inside the lagoon. Adventurers will enjoy great downwinders all around thank to the kilometers of lagoons offered by the windward coast.
- Official kiteschool with IKO qualified instructors and professional insurance
- French instructors speaking english / french / german
- International IKO certification delivered after each training
- Very easy spot & new Best equipment specially designed
- Waterproof UHF helmets for intermediate to experts coaching !
- Professional skipper and rescue boat on the spot!
- Great day kite trips/ downwinders in breathtaking lagoons!
- Flatwater stand up paddle trips within the lagoons and the tropical mangroves all year long!
- Stand Up Paddle Wavesurfing all year long!
- Kite and Surf Shop with the last gear from Bestkiteboarding
non kiting activities
For kitesurfers as well as non kitesurfers Mauritius has lots of treasures to offer:
Water sports /Nautical activities:
- Wakeboarding, waterskiing
- Scuba diving, snorkeling, undersea walk, submarine
- Deep-sea fishing, speedboat
- Kayaking, pedal boat, glass bottom boat
- Dolphin watches
- Water park…
- Excursions to the beautiful Ile aux Cerfs island, the Ilot Gbriel Island…
- Lots of nature walks through tropical forests, trekking to falls into the Park of the Black River Gorges, easy trekking to the summits with breathtaking views over the lagoons…
- Horseback riding, quad, private hunting grounds
- Golf (lots of prestigious golfes in Mauritius)
- The cost of living in Mauritius is rather low and good bargains are to be expected there!
- Local food markets, craft markets, shopping (Mauritius is a big textile producer!).
- Incredible restaurants: remember that Mauritius is a mix of Creole, Hindu, Muslim, Chinese culture and try to imagine how delightful the food can be! Good surprise for your bill the cost of living is incredibly low here as soon as you don’t stay within your 5* hotel!
Whatever you want, you can find it close to the kitespot, from world class top luxury 5*hotels, to cheap self catering bungalows.
- Baby sitting available
- Affordable taxis everywhere
- ATM within 3km from the spot
- Getting to us is very easy: the international airport with lots of direct flight is within 1h (just follow the coastal road from the airport until 1km before Belle Mare village when you see the sign La Palmeraie hotel, Kitesurf Paradise, here you are!).
Premier School Archive