What you need to know before arriving at the Best Lesson Center
- Timeliness is Next to Godliness
Please be ON TIME for your scheduled lesson. We recommend arriving at least 30 minutes before your lesson, i.e., if you have an 11:00 lesson, be here at 10:30, so you can be ready to go, with all your gear on, by 11 o’clock sharp. We do realize the realities of traffic and the railroad and that things out of your personal control can delay your arrival. However, if you are en route and already realize you are going to be LATE, PLEASE CALL the Best Center at 631-691-0793. We will do everything in our power to get your lesson completed but we also have other people waiting who arrived on time for their lessons and it is not fair to them or to your instructor to be waiting. If it is impossible to hold the lesson, we will need to reschedule the lesson for another day. As we're sure you can understand, time is money, and if you've late, we're going
Please leave your jewelery and other VALUABLES at HOME or in your car. You can leave your keys, cell phone, etc, in one of the offices, but we assume no financial responsibilty for lost or stolen items. And if we take your Ferrari for a joyride while you're out on the water, again, sorry, but not responsible!!
- Stuff you should bring:
Bottles of WATER, SUNSCREEN, and possibly bugspray. And LUNCH, if you think you're going to be hungry. Unfortunately, our gourmet full-service restaurant, with jetski delivery to wherever you're floating around in the bay, will not be open for at least another month!
- What you'll need to wear during the lesson Due to insurance requirements, all students must wear a HELMET, LIFE VEST, WETSUIT, and WATER BOOTIES during the lessons. We provide FREE USE of HELMETS and LIFE VESTS, we DO NOT provide wetsuits and booties, however. You MUST bring your own wetsuit and booties. You should also bring BOARD SHORTS or a BATHING SUIT and a RASH GUARD or T-SHIRT that you don't care about getting wet. The Best Center has booties, wetsuits, and rash guards available for purchase.
- In case you missed it the first time around:
BOOTIES ARE REQUIRED, but not provided. There are shells on the island where we launch, and also in the water. If you don't have booties, you will cut your feet to shreds, and we don't want that. BRING YOUR BOOTIES!
And a wetsuit, too!
- Tag-along Policy: NO TAG-ALONGS!
If you are bringing a SPOUSE, SIGNIFICANT OTHER, or FRIEND, please be aware that our lessons take place on an island that is roughly 2 miles from the Best Center. There is a nice beach very close to the Best Center, but non-lesson takers will not be able to see or be with you on the lesson. They should know you will be gone for 3 to 4 hours minimum. Long Island has everything to offer, and there will be plenty of things for them to do if they have a car, but plan accordingly so everybody drives home happy.
- Length of lesson
Plan for a minimum of 3 to 4 HOURS from your arrival to the end of your LESSON. We will try to accommodate and urgencies as to time deadlines but we are working with other people than you so please try and understand our delays as we accommodate yours.
- After the Lesson:
There are SHOWERS availabe at the Best Center after your lesson. Please bring your OWN TOWEL.
- NO WET BOOTIES INSIDE!
Take your wet booties off before coming into the lesson center and leave them OUTSIDE!! If you walk into the Center after your lesson wearing wet booties, you will be STERNLY REPRIMANDED BY THE BOOTIE TROLL!!
- Drinking Policy There is nothing we like better than a nice cold beer after a session on the water. SO, feel free to ply us with 6-packs or cases of beer or wine, any time you like ... we'll happily join you for a nice after-session drink!
Plan on being WET, TIRED, EXCITED and HAPPY after your lesson.
And oh, yeah ... did we mention? Bring your booties!!!
Please call or email the BestCenter with any questions.
Phone#: (631) 691-0793
THANK YOU and SEE YOU ON THE WATER!